Tanyard Bayou is a tributary of Gayoso Bayou. Both Bayous are underground streams running throughDowntown Memphis that were enclosed between 1910 and 1930. Part of this system is a brick culvert that runs under a property owned by the City of Memphis that was thought to have been abandoned sometime in the late 60’s. The client needed to know the exact location, condition and if it was still in use. The resulting survey, proving that the culvert was still active, was used to determine that the site was unsuitable for the new Fire Department Headquarters and an alternate site was chosen.